Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Horse Drawn Buggy

I was so glad to find this lovely relic at the Kelly Greenhouses when we took a trip there this week to visit the plants!


What kid isn't fascinated with old buggies and carriages? In our fast-paced society of multi-lane highways, cars, trains, planes and boats, younger 'are we there yet??' generations have no concept of moseying along at a leisurely pace and enjoying the ride. I don't know that my generation knows about moseying, either, but I think we can imagine it better because our parents and grandparents moseyed.




I'm not entirely sure the folks from back in the day completely enjoyed riding this way, and I can not fathom the ladies of that time had an easy time getting up and down from these carriages with their heavy dresses. I imagine they must have at least had the advantage of appreciating the journey a little more than we do today, though. To them this was advanced technology. Cutting edge stuff only the privileged could afford.

What a fun game to pretend this was a time machine and we traveled back in time to when horses were literally the motors! Imagine the sounds and the smells we would have experienced!


No comments:

Post a Comment