Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What We Did Today

I've been hearing some grumblings about my meals lately from the daycare kiddos. Even my most loyal eaters have become less than enthusiastic lately. 

So today I broke up the monotony and surprised them with a breakfast feast for lunch- bacon, eggs, fresh fruit, and fun custom pancakes in the shape of happy faces, hearts, trees, worms, stars, triangles, squares, and puppies. I'm no artist but I can't deny the fact that my pancake designs rocked awesomeness. I had planned on making sausage and toast as well but I thought that was overkill. 

For afternoon snack I surprised them with la-la-la-lasagna (that's how we say it), instead of the same old snack tray of fresh fruits and veggies. They ate ALL of the lasagna- it was a pretty big casserole dish, big enough to feed a family of 8...twice. Some kids had eight helpings. Why have I never served lasagna at snack before??! Plus I realized I am not running a childcare. I am running an animalcare. There were no children at the table this afternoon. Only wild, lasagna-crazed animals.

Then we made fresh lemonade with raw honey. And  the kids helped pour the honey and squeeze the lemons. And they taste tested the honey and lemons, of course.

There were many loud and happy raves to follow. Success! They love me again. :-) I look forward to having more days like today. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment