Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Our First Pumpkin is In!


Alex discovered our first pumpkin growing in the pumpkin patch this morning! It's actually quite large already, maybe the size of a small watermelon. This is the only big one I see so far, though there are several small ones just starting. How exciting!

Since I have no idea what variety this is or how many days it takes to mature, I'm really in the dark about what to expect in terms of a crop. I have no idea if they will be ready before, at or after Halloween, though I am hoping we'll have several by Halloween at least. I really would love to be able to send one home with each child. I don't plan on using any of these for food since our sprinklers water them but they will make great decorations when they turn orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment