This sauce is soooo good on our spinach and flax pancakes and kale crepes!
- Fresh blackberries
- Raw honey
- Cream cheese
- Warm berries and honey together on stove, maybe 3-5 minutes on med/med low heat (try not to boil). I eyeball it but if I had to estimate I'd say about one or two cups of berries, and maybe a half to one cup of honey? You really can't go wrong here. I just heap the honey on until all the berries are covered well.
- Once the honey and berries have mixed well and the honey is very liquid, strain the berry mixture in a mesh strainer and use a spoon or spatula to scrape and push it through. You're just removing the seeds, you want to keep as much of what's left as possible. Don't forget to scrape the bottom of the strainer sometimes, too! That's where the good stuff is!
- Add cream cheese to stained berry mixture, about a half package
- Stir together and continue to heat on med/med-low until cheese is well blended
- Pour while hot/warm over fresh pancakes, toast, biscuits or muffins
*When using strawberries, you can skip the straining part and use an immersion/hand blender to mix it up a bit in the pan to get nice strawberry chunks.
*Will keep in the fridge for about one week (Ha! Like there will be leftovers-)