Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Snack Station


Snack station is coming along nicely. I really like it. The kids are still getting used to it being there and I'm still doing a daily call to let them know snack station is on the table. They don't all really know what it means yet but I trust they will get the hang of it. The older kids are great for modeling what to do so the younger ones can take their cues from them without much prompting on my part. 

We are working on finding a good rhythm for it to flow and be a natural part of our day. So far I've been putting out snack station around 9am until lunch, and then again after nap until the end of the day. I keep it refreshed and I've found I want to put things in the fridge for a bit after it's been sitting for an hour to re-chill it. Maybe I'll make an ice bowl or tray for the snacks to sit in.

I'm also trying to keep it super simple. I have a tendency to go overboard when I get excited about things, and I am excited about the snack station! So I'm reigning in myself and keeping the choices to just a handful and saving fancy choices for the occasional station. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment